ONLY $50/pp per night!
Located on the National Scenic Byway, Route 201 also known as the Kennebec-Chaudiere road, a primary highway to Canada and just steps from the Dead River. The Outpost allows you to explore the unlimited opportunites within the area. The West Forks is the center of outdoor recreation in western Maine and attracts visitors each season who come to enjoy the area's many activities. The Outpost can sleep up to 20 people in 5 separate bedrooms. The warm and cozy interior has plenty of room to entertain and the wrap-around deck is the perfect venue to watch the sunset over the Dead River.
We offer tent camping at our site or feel free to bring up your RV if you have one!
- An outdoor recreation area unique in the entire world
- Direct location on the National Scenic Byway, Route 201 also known as the Kennebec-Chaudiere road, a primary highway to Canada
- The Kennebec River is rated as one of the top 5 rivers in the US for rafting
- Class III, IV and V whitewater
- Daily releases from May through October
- The Dead River is often referred to as the best white water canoeing and rafting river in North America
- Flat water kayaking at 4 nearby lakes and ponds
- Moxie Falls, a 90 foot waterfall is just 2.5 miles from the West Forks
- World class fishing for brook trout and salmon
- Some of the best snowmobiling in the US, the western mountains of Maine
- Interstate Trail System ITS 86, 87 snowmobile trails all connect within 100 yards of The Outpost
- New Western Mountain Foundation 181 mile cross country hut to hut ski trail
- Maine Department of Conservation ATV trail from West Forks to Jackman, Maine
- Fantastic hiking including the Appalachian Trail just 4 miles from the West Forks
- New Forks Area Scenic Trails "FAST", a 12 mile bike trail & hike trail runs along the banks of the rivers
- World class hunting for white tail deer, moose, and bear
- Endless vistas of a most magnificent landscape
Please call us at (207) 323-3052 for lodging availability and pricing.